Sunday, May 22, 2011

Card a day in May ~ Week 4


Happy Sunday!

It is week 4 already and here is our 4th Sketch...


This is a great sketch!  Love how the scallop is labeled 3/4" - so I used a punch and pieced each circle to make the scallop edge.  I used Sew Thankful this week and also a FREE black and white download paper from DDH.

The image is stamped on a circle cut and embossed with a Nestabilities Circle die.  My husband got me a Grand Calibur for my birthday (he is also letting me use it before my birthday - what a sweetie).  He wanted me to try it - Really he did.  I LOVE it!  This new design is SO much easier to use (no muscles required to get the sandwich started with this design - no shooting out at the other end) and the cutting and embossing is so much better.  The pressure applied is more evenly distributed, plus supported underneath, giving a better cut and it doesn't distort the Impressibilities either!  Huge HUGE design improvements.

Lastly, finished it off with a white ribbon and bow (a deviation from the sketch).

Supplies -- Stamps: Sew Thankful, Papers: Raven, Black and White II, Inks: Noir Black Palette ink, 3/4" punch, Nestabilities Circles, White ribbon 

Hope you enjoy all the cards this week.  Won't you join us?

Abundant Blessings,
Deb



3 comments:

  1. Wow, Debra - this is stunning. I can see the size of the scallops matters and I love the black and white tone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it, Debra. Nice scallops and bow too.

    ReplyDelete